Any and all applicants will be evaluated based on the following terms:
- All applicants for lease must be at least 18 years of age. Occupancy is without regard to age, however, all occupants at least 18 years of age will be held financially responsible and therefore, must be listed as leaseholders and complete the application process.
- All applicants for residency must provide proof of a valid Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
- The total household gross income must be at least three times the amount of one month’s rent. Applicants who hold jobs that are commission paid only; base salary plus commission, tips or bonuses; are considered self-employed. Those Applicants must provide the previous year’s personal income tax return and the previous two months personal bank statements as evidence of sufficient income.
- All applicants are required to provide the two most recent pay stubs as proof of income.
- Applicants owing an outstanding obligation without verifiable justification will be required to pay that debt or provide proof of payment before application will be considered. If applicant owned a home as previous residency, applicant must furnish mortgage company references and proof of title ownership or transfer of ownership.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide information necessary to contact previous landlords and employers to verify rental and employment history. Management reserves the right to deny applicant’s application if, after making a good faith effort, is unable to verify applicant’s rental or employment history.
- Wilkinson Property Management does not allow cosigners.
- An applicant with a felony or misdemeanor conviction or who has received deferred adjudication for crimes involving the actual or potential threat of physical harm to a person, firearms, illegal drugs, theft, or destruction of property in the last ten years or any crime involving a minor or that is sexual in nature, will not be accepted.
- Providing any false, misleading or incorrect information on the rental application will be sufficient grounds for rejecting the application and forfeiture of Application Deposit. Discovery of falsification of application after move-in will be sufficient grounds for immediate termination of the Lease Contract. All information provided by the prospective resident may be reviewed with appropriate state and local government authorities and or consumer credit reporting agencies as permitted by law.
- Non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin is the comprehensive policy of this company.
- Management shall comply with and enforce any applicable governmental and company limitations on the number of persons who may reside in a unit or any portion thereof, imposed by statute, code, ordinance or regulation
- Application Fee is non-refundable.
- Applications may be stored and re-used within 30 days of management’s receipt. If after 30 days, applicants choose a home, they will be required to re-start the application process.
- Wilkinson Property Management Pet Policy: There is a $350 non-refundable pet fee per pet. Due to the nature of the breeds, please consider the following breeds "unacceptable": Akita, American Bulldog, Bullmastiff or Mastiff, Chow, Doberman, German Shepherd, Husky, Presa Canario, Pit Bull, Siberian Husky, Staffordshire terrier, “Wolf Dog/ Wolf Hybrid”, Bull Terrier, Pit Bull Terrier, Rottweiler and Any Combination of these. Special Consideration is given to dogs that assist tenants with special medical needs, provided medical documentation is submitted. **Please note that this is not a list Wilkinson Property Management created, this is what our Property Owner’s Home Owner’s Insurance Companies will not allow. If they do a property assessment and find that a tenant has one of the above listed dogs, the Home Owner’s Insurance will drop them immediately from coverage.
- All applicants understand that upon application approval, they are required to obtain and maintain Renter’s Liability Insurance protection for the property with coverage in the amount of two hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($250,000.00) for damages to Owner’s and third party’s property with provisions covering at least perils of fire, explosion, sewer backup, smoke, and accidental water discharge.
- Applicants are required to have a credit score of at least 600. Any applicants who receive a score of 599 or below will be subject to application denial or an additional deposit, whichever Management and the homeowner agree upon.
- Please be prepared to sign a lease and pay all the move in monies within 3 days of application APPROVAL, including, but not limited to: security deposit, full first month's rent, any pro-rated rent (depending on the day you move in), a non-refundable pet fee (if applicable)